Connected construction data is key for construction technology users. According to the JB Knowledge 2020 ConTech Report, 27% of construction business applications don’t integrate at all.
The ability to integrate with top construction technology solutions is a big reason why contractors select Procore. As important as safety is to contractors, most are not leveraging the benefits of integrated project management and safety together. According to the 2019 Dodge Data & Analytics report, 59% of safety data is still collected with paper and spreadsheets.
There are hidden risks and costs associated with using paper and spreadsheets for safety. Overall, using spreadsheets and paper to collect data affects the timeliness of the safety data, the accuracy, the ability to analyze across projects, and the level of detail. In contrast, fully digitizing your safety program directly improves profits, reduces costs, and ultimately improves safety.
The good news is that Procore’s new integration with HammerTech’s digitized safety platform helps you eliminate these 20 paper and spreadsheet problems:
- Missing information on paper forms for daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings, and more
- Missing signatures on daily reports, JHAs, permits, and bookings
- Using outdated forms that aren’t capturing the data you need
- Can’t attach photos or forms to better communicate safety issues or document them
- Can’t control data format entered from the field with pick lists or other data field types
- Time delays getting orientations, enrollments, daily reports, JHAs, permits, and bookings
- Increased labor hours to scan daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings, and more
- Increased labor hours to file paper forms for daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings, and more
- A limited number of people have access to daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings, and more
- Can’t automatically route daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings, and more to take action quickly
- Illegible handwriting on paper forms for daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings, and more
- Results must be manually calculated
- Spreadsheets are error-prone. 88% of spreadsheets contain errors.
- Daily reports, JHAs, permits, bookings data isn’t easy to access, and it’s not centralized
- Inefficient manual processes slow down productivity. Workers spend 9.3 hours looking for documents. Source: Formstack Workplace Productivity Report https://www.formstack.com/resources/report-workplace-productivity?source_detail=report+workplace+productivity+report+blog
- Reduced collaboration
- You never know if you have the most recent version of a document
- Cost of paper, toner, and onsite or offsite storage for paper safety forms or printing spreadsheets
- Cost of digital storage for safety spreadsheets or digitized forms
- Requires more administrative oversite to manage safety programs with paper forms and spreadsheets and human intervention with calls, emails, and text messages to collect and share necessary safety information.
To learn more about the benefits of the Procore+HammerTech integration, check out these videos and other tip sheets here.